Sidama Speak – Effective Alliance Now to break TPLF Yoke
Sidama people are to speed up the fight for Freedom and Independence from the TPLF/EPRDF government through effective alliance with its oppressed neighbours.
From Sidama people, Hawassa. 20 Aug 2012
Looking into the past and present successive Abyssinian governments’ relationships with Sidama and other Ethiopian peoples:
- It has been the history of annexation, colonisation, subjugation, massacre and economic exploitations of Sidama and other nations and nationalities in Ethiopia.
- The Abyssinians had nothing to offer 100 years ago and have nothing to offer today to the people under their rules.
- They simply keep sucking the bloods of other Ethiopians from the early time of the Empire to date.
- They are all secretive, dishonest, corrupt, backward dictators and despot.
- The current and previous Abyssinian governments are incapable of working towards any form of democratic values and culture in Ethiopia. This statement can be supported by looking into their current and past atrocities and genocides committed by Abyssinians to date in Ethiopia.
Therefore it’s time for the Sidama people to break away from the TPLF dominated Abyssinian rule for once and all and struggle harder to declare Independence as early as possible.
How can you trust a government which is not honest to itself?
The TPLF/EPRDF government has been as dishonest and deceiving as its predecessor Abyssinian governments. It does not respect its own constitution.
- Currently, as early as 18th Aug 2012, the TPLF/EPRDF government has started imprisoning hundreds of Sidama people in Hawassa and other 19 districts/woredas in Sidama Zone.
- The government has plans to kill hundres of Sidama people following recent Sidama people demand for Regional status and civil unrest.
- The TPLF/EPRDF illegally set up the Southern nations and nationalities Regional State by putting together 56 unrelated nations and nationalities.
- They abolished the existing Regional status of Sidama people and other neighbouring states in the southern Ethiopia, without any parliamentary or local consultations.
- The Sidama people peacefully demanded for Regional status on 24 May 2002, but the TPLF/EPRDF responded by killing about 100 innocent Sidama people in Hawassa in a gross violation of human rights and its own constitution.
- Again, the Sidama people put their demand for Regional status in writing in 2005/6 but this was manipulated by the TPLF/EPRDF government through its own broadcasting media that the Sidama people revoked their demand. However, the truth of the matter was that the Sidama people had never revoked their demand for the Regional status at any time in the last twenty years.
What have the people of Sidama gained over the last 100 years from the Abyssinian successive rules? Absolutely nothing.
Instead, the Sidama people have lost hundreds and thousands of innocent lives through massacre by successive Abyssinian governments; we have lost our resources through direct exploitations by Abyssinians; we have been denied basic development opportunities due to lack of meaningful investment in education, economic development, health and infrastructure.
The results of the Abyssinian rules include:
- miseries to the people, killings and torture, poverty, underdevelopment, etc.
- Millions of our men, women and children have been left without education and skills.
- Our people have been subjected to gross injustices, inequalities and exploitations since the annexation.
- Part of the problem is that the Abyssinians terribly fail to recognise their incompetence to move the country towards true democracy and they continue to deceive the rest of the population.
- The last 100 years have proved beyond any shadow of doubt that the Abyssinians cannot be trusted and cannot be honest partners to establish any form of working relationship.
- The TPLF/EPRDF government had closed down the only integrated rural development package which was being offered by the Irish Aid.
- The TPLF/EPRDF government has secretly decided not to do any development and investment work in Sidamaland in order to neutralize any strong opposition to the central government.
We have to think very seriously about creating alliance with other oppressed neighbours, Cushitic peoples in Ethiopia, without wasting any more time with Abyssinians. We have to clearly distinguish our enemies from our true friends in every aspect and move forward to achieve our independence by hook or by crook.
It’s not exaggerating to suggest that the Sidama people of Ethiopia have contributed democratic contents and values to the rest of the world. This remains subject to further research and investigations to establish the level of contributions involved. But the time has come to look into the ways of enhancing common approach towards liberating our oppressed peoples in Ethiopia through combined forces. This may involve short and long term strategies and worth exploring.
Ten years ago, the TPLF/EPRDF government massacred about hundred innocent Sidama people. In July this year, the second round of the massacre of Sidama people was on the pipeline but the absence of Meles Zenawi probably delayed the planned atrocities and genocide actions. Currently there are 19 districts in Sidama zone and all of them are under siege by the TPLF/EPRDF Federal Special Force (Special killing force). The Sidama people are currently unable to lead normal life and are confined to their homes. The special Federal Force has been granted shoot to kill authority and people are aware of this condition.
What are the issues?
The TPLF/EPRDF government wants to further undermine the Sidama people’s status within Ethiopia by forcefully removing them from their rightful regional and administrative city of Hawassa. The city of Hawassa belongs to the Sidama nation and as far as Sidama people are concerned its non-negotiable part of Sidamaland at any time and cost. Referring to the recent article on the massacre of Sidama people on www.ayyaantuu.com or Seife Nebelbale radio program, dated 26 June 2012, it’s very clear that the government is out to slaughter the people as they did 10 years ago at Loqque village (Hawassa suburb). “The Second Round Massacre of Sidama People by Prime Minister Meles Zenawi and Deputy Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn of Ethiopia.” It’s beyond any doubt that the TPLF/EPRDF is the despotic group of murderers’ minority government causing tremendous pain and misery in the lives of Sidama people in particular and the rest of Ethiopia in general.
The recent, July 2012, the so called consultative documents presented by the TPLF/EPRDF government regarding the city of Hawassa can be summarised as follows:
- The past and present city administration has been corrupt and the city’s development has been hindered.
- The city has been governed by Sidama people and that has to be changed.
- The city administration has to be removed from Sidama people and Sidama administration has to be out of Hawassa city.
The response from Sidama people to the above claims by the government has been loud and very clear, hands- off our city, Hawassa. The city belongs to Sidama people. It is up to Sidama people to hire competent employees to administer our city had it not been for the TPLF/EPRDF’s naked intervention in our affairs and exploitation of our resources through a daylight robbery.
The TPLF/EPRDF government is the mother of all corruptions and bribery. How and why?
- TPLF/EPRDF assigns its cadre to any available positions throughout the country.
- TPLF/EPRDF assigns its cadres or agents to key and any other positions in the Southern Nations and nationalities as and when it likes.
- Shiferaw Shigute, the president, implements any instructions from the TPLF/EPRDF and reports back to his political superiors.
- The bribery and corruption which take place at any level within the government structure in Hawassa is known and approved by the government. The overall collected figure or sum of money is shared among the officials.
- When it comes to the official performance evaluation or “gimgema”, it’s simply an academic exercise for public consumption. It’s all set up.
- For example, Sidama co-operative farmers’ union funds in millions went missing in 2003/2004 and Asnake Bekele was wrongly held responsible. Who was responsible then? Obviously, the TPLF/EPRDF government was responsible for the funds disappearance.
- Another example, US$8.5 billion secretly taken out of Ethiopia – UN report, Negash- May 17th, 2011. The 63-page report by the UNDP was released in May 2011, where Abdella Hamdok, an expert on the issue from the UN Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), was one of the panelists.
- Multimillion Br funds went missing within the Southern nations and nationalities in 1987. But innocent people like Abate Kisho (x president) was wrongly accused of it. Again, in reality, the TPLF/EPRDF was responsible.
That’s why we call the TPLF/EPRDF government is the mother of all corruptions and bribery. The corruption and bribery is part and parcel of this government.
TPLF/EPRDF current Plot to make Sidama people Bankrupt and Destitute.
The Sidama coffee and other resources have been US Dollar spinning products for the successive Abyssinian governments.
- In the last 10 years indigenous Sidama people have been in the business of processing and supplying coffee to the rest of world through the central government of Ethiopia.
- Last year the TPLF/EPRDF government intentionally forced the Sidama coffee trading companies to buy coffee from local farmers at higher prices without advising them the fall of international coffee prices worldwide at the time.
- This has led many Sidama coffee companies to go bankrupt. The Sidama owned coffee businesses are being sold off to hand-picked companies by Hailemariam Desalegn and his masters.
- Hailemariam Desalegn and his masters have ordered the banks not to lend money to the businesses owned by Sidama people. The process is to be controlled and monitored by the national bank of Ethiopia.
- Hailemariam Desalegn and his masters hope that the above measures will reduce Sidama people to destitution and force them to accept the TPLF/EPRDF rule without any opposition.
- Hailemariam Desalegn and his masters have a plan to carry out the mass murder of Sidama people as soon as they settle the leadership problem created due to the disappearance of Meles Zenawi. They have already started to imprison several hundreds of Sidama people in various locations throughout the 19 districts in the Sidama Zone.
Sidama people say no to the Bogus Federal system of the TPLF/EPRDF:
The Sidama people had already presented the demand for Regional Status according to the Article 39 of the TPLF/EPRDF constitution about 4 years ago in writing with signatures. According to the rules, the document was presented to the authorities but later on Ato Shiferaw Shigute, the president of the Southern nations and nationalities unilaterally declared that the Sidama people had revoked the demand for Regional status. That was not true. He misled the people of Ethiopia, Sidama people and the rest of the world. The Sidama people had never revoked their demand for the Regional status.
However, the question of Regional status has now become irrelevant because the Sidama people have decided to go for full flagged independence as the TPLF/EPRDF Federal system is a bogus one.
Sidama people calls for Secession from the Abyssinian rule and association:
- The Abyssinians have nothing to offer other than exploiting our resources and massacring our people. They offer destitution, famine and misery to our people. Therefore, use clause 39 of the current Ethiopian constitution or any other means and secede from the TPLF/EPRDF Abyssinian administration by hook or crook.
- The Sidama people starts to look into the strategic alliance between the Sidama people, its immediate neighbours and other oppressed people of Ethiopia and take the struggle for the freedom, justice, equality and independence to a new and achievable level.
- The alliance must then explore further the possibilities of co-operating through true federation with our immediate Cushitic neighbours towards a long term objective. Today, the question of creating effective freedom alliance is the priority for the Sidama people and other oppressed nations and nationalities in Ethiopia.
Secession is the timely question.
The Sidama people go for liberating their country from the enemy by hook or by crook. The Sidama and other oppressed nations and nationalities must now work towards complete and effective alliance to speed up the fight for true freedom and independence from a century long Abyssinian yoke.
A gentle reminder to the enemy of Sidama people – Be aware of:
- The Sidama people currently have a solid capability to fight you both inside and outside Ethiopia. Also, we have our true partners with us.
- You and your offshoots have nowhere to hide, not even in China, because you have blood stains of our people and we can find you wherever you go; no matter how long it may take. Justice will be done.
- We have skills and know-how to expose you worldwide and to bring you before the International Criminal Court (ICC) during your life time for carrying out genocide and mass murder against Sidama people at all stages in our history.
Long live Sidama people and other oppressed nations and nationalities of Ethiopia.
Sidama people will win.
Sidama people, Hawassa